Welcome to Maxx Adventure Travel
Recipes Camping Dried Food Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Camping Recipe Tipsfrom: Maxx Adventure Travel
Camping food doesn't have to be dull. Here are a few quick and easy recipes you can try when you go on your next camping trip:
Butter a side of the bread of your choice and toast the bread slightly on each side. Afterwards, top the buttered side with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and other pizza toppings of your choice. You may toast the bread again together with the toppings if you want.
Easy Bean Soup
Combine baked beans, tomato soup, a pack of dried onion soup mix and water into a pot, allow to boil and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
Simple Beef Stew
Season beef with onion and garlic and allow to brown. Afterwards, add canned vegetable soup to the mixture and allow to simmer until properly heated. This stew is best served with bread or baked potatoes.
Outdoor French Toast
Dip your choice of bread slices into a mixture of milk, eggs, and flour. After dipping, place the bread slices over a heated grill and allow to brown.
Here are some tips when you cook on camp:
1. Pack the food you plan to bring in the proportions in which they will be cooked or served. That way, you won't have to be bothered by measuring the right amount of this and that ingredient once you're in camp.
2. Make sure to place the items in your cooler in individual watertight bags and containers.
3. Avoid attracting animals to your camp by keeping properly storing your food, preferably above ground level.
4. Make camp cooking a group activity! If you're camping with your friends or family, make sure that you get everyone to participate in the preparation of meals. It's a great way to bond and it makes life easier for the assigned “chef” as well.
5. Find a use for all leftover ingredients. For instance, on your last day of camp, use the leftover meats and other ingredients to make a grand omelet for breakfast.
6. Bring a lot of ziplock bags. They come in handy when you need to store all kinds of food.
7. When cooking on a pot, make sure to always put the lid on, as it will allow the food to cook faster and it will also protect your food from insects.
Remember that when cooking while camping, you can get simple recipes that are easy to prepare but do not sacrifice taste and flavor -- all it takes is a little enthusiasm and a great love for the outdoors.
Recipes Camping Dried Food News
17 gifts for coffee lovers - Los Angeles Times
17 gifts for coffee lovers
Los Angeles Times
Meant for campers, this stainless steel dripper folds flat and weights only about 4 ounces. Perfect for ... I wake up, push a button and in seconds I have hot water for both my coffee and for rehydrating my dogs' freeze-dried breakfast. Done. About ...
Wisconsin made gift ideas - Fox11online.com
Wisconsin made gift ideas
Bear Crossing Foods â€“ Oshkosh, WI -- Breading Mixes are easy to use at home or camping. Recipe tips online. For use on fish, veggies, pork, chicken, etc. Annies Bone Appetit â€“ Menasha, WI -- Pinecones are made by Innovative Services in Appleton. Dog ...
10 gifts, from Maine and from away, for foodie friends and family - Bangor Daily News
10 gifts, from Maine and from away, for foodie friends and family
Bangor Daily News
Backpackers, campers and anyone who needs to bring dishware with them can find a new friend in Guyot's Squishy Bowls, a foldable, bendable, durable silicone bowl made by a Maine company. ... Want Maine foods year-round? Cheryl Wixson makes it easy with ...
Travel Posters To Movie Locales Are A Roaming Film Buff's Ideal Christmas Gift - Huffington Post Canada
Travel Posters To Movie Locales Are A Roaming Film Buff's Ideal Christmas Gift
Huffington Post Canada
<a href=". www.austinhouse.com" target="_blank"> Austin House's Laundr' Pac </a>will give them the essentials for in-hostel clothes washing: five liquid Woolite detergent packets, a sink stopper and a laundry line with suction cups at either end for ...
Day 6 - Welcome to the Redwoods, California - BlogHer (blog)
Day 6 - Welcome to the Redwoods, California
It was stil really dry but the crops made the 'dust bowl' look alive. Picture. We arrived at the ... We stopped in the small (super posh/health food) town of Petaluma for firewood and food, upon discovering a small 'farmers market' Carlos and I ...
East to Eden: Sonya CotÃ©'s farm-to-table Arcadia, Eden East - Austin Chronicle
East to Eden: Sonya CotÃ©'s farm-to-table Arcadia, Eden East
The cooking takes place in a mobile kitchen trailer. The staff, dressed in impeccable ... Added to that, I am also the outdoorsy type who loves to go camping and doesn't mind being chilly, especially if there are open fires and stars overhead. The ...