Welcome to Maxx Adventure Travel
Cave City Ky Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Tips for Successful Cave Exploringfrom: Maxx Adventure Travel
Have you ever wanted to get into cave exploration? Though it can be dangerous, many people seek the thrills and adventures of this sport. Here are some useful tips that will hlep your cave exploring experience be more successful.
Before Entering a Cave:
1. Start by learning the basic steps for cave exploring. You should read at a good book on different types of caves, cave formations, do's and don'ts, gears to used, and so on. Also get some proper training on safe caving.
2. If you have plans to enter a cave, never go alone. There should be at least 3 cavers in your group.
3. Never attempt to explore caves beyond your abilities. When you have options, choose the safer alternative.
4. Make sure you pack all everything you need for cave exploring. This includes a wetsuit, helmet, rope, flashlights and batteries, all important equipment to bring. Helmets and clothes should be fit properly.
5. Be sure to let your family and friends know about about your plan. Inform them of the cave location and your expected time of return.
6. Eat properly before exploring the cave. The wetter and colder a cave, the more energy you'll require.
Inside the Cave
1. In order to avoid the chance of geting lost, it's essential to memorize the appearance of every route.
2. Place a mark on the cave floor to indicate the directions you took.
If Your Get Lost Inside the Cave
1. If you realize you're lost inside the cave, don't panic. Have each member of your team hold hands or embrace each other to ensure no member will be lost.
2. If you have a cellphone try, if you can, to contact the outside world; otherwise turn it off and all sources of lights. Preserve the batteries so it can be used for longer intervals.
3. Decide if you'll stay and just wait for help. If you decide to move about, scratch your names, initials, direction and time to the cave surface. If it isn't possible to scratch the wall, use whatever available materials you have to create letters or piles.
4. If you get stuck in the uneven surfaces of the cave, try to crawl, pad your feet and hands with cloth so they won't get hurt.
5. If everything you try fails, just stay in the dark and let your eyes adjust to the darkness. Use your flashlights, cellphones or other light sources as aid in the darkness.
People who try out cave exploration often fall in love with the excitement and adventure. However, be very careful when entering caves new to you. You should never go into cave exploration without a professional guide. Know your limitations and never test your capabilities.
Cave City Ky News