Welcome to Maxx Adventure Travel
Horse Cave Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Choosing Clothing for Cave Exploringfrom: Maxx Adventure Travel
Cave exploring, also known as caving, is getting to be a popular sport for both physical fitness and scientific exploration. Cave exploring doesn't require special clothing, but there are certain requirements your clothing should have. Consider the following when choosing clothing for cave exploring:
* Determine the kind of cave you're exploring. Different caves mean different clothing requirements.
* If you're exploring a cave located in a cold area, you'll need several layers of clothing. The bottom layer should be made of material that provides insulation even if you get it wet (polypropylene is a good example). The layers on top should be sturdy and waterproof.
* When exploring a cave in a warm area, you can wear lighter clothes, especially if it's a dry cave. Polypropylene clothes are still a good choice for dry, warm caves because they provide some protection if you scrape your elbows or knees on rough surfaces inside the cave.
* You might want to wear a wetsuit if you're exploring a very wet cave, or if the cave you're exploring requires you to wade or swim across one or more streams.
* It's a good idea to always wear gloves since you never know what you'll find in a cave. Gloves protect you from cuts and scratches and insect bites.
* If the cave you're exploring requires you to do a lot of crawling, wear elbow pads and knee pads to protect against scrapes and cuts.
* It's a good idea to wear hiking boots in dry caves and rubber boots with neoprene socks in wet caves. Lighter footwear may not give your feet sufficient protection.
* You should also wear a helmet to protect your head in case you knock it against the top of the cave, or an object suspended from the top of the cave. A helmet will also protect your head from falling objects. Make sure you mount a light on the helmet and that you have extra batteries for the light. You should also carry a backup light source in case your helmet light fails.
Cave exploring carries a certain amount of risk, but being prepared and knowledgeable will help protect you from any danger that might arise. Cave exploring is an activity where you really are what you wear. If your clothing is safe and appropriate, you'll likely be safe throughout your cave exploring trip.
Horse Cave News
CHRISTMAS PARADES - WCLU
... our listening area: Friday night at 6:00pm is the Smith's Grove Christmas Parade, weather permitting. Saturday the Horse Cave Christmas Parade is at 10:00am, the Munfordville Christmas Parade is at 1:00 and the Glasgow Christmas Parade is at 6:00pm.
Region kicks off season with parades - Bowling Green Daily News
Region kicks off season with parades
Bowling Green Daily News
•The Horse Cave Christmas Parade will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday in downtown Horse Cave. For more information, call 270-524-2892. •The Munfordville Christmas Parade will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday in downtown Munfordville. For more information, call ...
Winterfest, city tree lighting and more pack the weekend - Silver City Sun News
Winterfest, city tree lighting and more pack the weekend
Silver City Sun News
Winterfest. Winterfest will include local bands, a holiday market, luminarias, food vendors and a horse-drawn carriage from 3 to 9 p.m. today. ... The event will also feature food treats, home-baked goods, a Man Cave, raffles and gift certificates ...
Talking about practice, Mitchell says No. 5 Cats have revved-up routine - Lexington Herald Leader
Lexington Herald Leader
Talking about practice, Mitchell says No. 5 Cats have revved-up routine
Lexington Herald Leader
Key reserves: Kristina Higgins, 6-5, So., C (8.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg); Imani Wright, 5-9, Fr., G (8.7 ppg); Khadijah Cave, 6-2, Fr., C (6.7 ppg, 6.7 rpg); Mariah Chandler, 6-2, graduate, F (5.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg); Chardonae Fuqua, 6-0, So., F (3.3 ppg); Ieshia ...
Horse's 'Superhero Christmas' show Sunday - Staunton News Leader
Horse's 'Superhero Christmas' show Sunday
Staunton News Leader
The Bridgewater College Equestrian Club hosts its annual “Horses' Christmas” at the school's Equestrian Center in Weyers Cave on Sunday. Admission is a donation of canned goods for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. Attendees donated more than 600 ...
Yunnan's Stone Treasure: Shibao Mountain - GoKunming (blog)
Yunnan's Stone Treasure: Shibao Mountain
Beginning at the cave's original entrance — the end farthest from the modern day gate — is perhaps the most unique of all of Shibao Mountain's grottos. ... This is attributed to at least some of the original artisans coming from Tibet via the Tea ...