Welcome to Maxx Adventure Travel
Aviation Survival Training Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Aviation Survival Training. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
Camping Survival Suppliesfrom: Maxx Adventure Travel
Camping is no different than any other adventure trip, whether rock climbing or scub diving, in that camping requires specific gear and supplies to be carried on the trip. These suplies include a backpack, proper wilderness clothing, a tent, cooking utensils, blankets, food and water.
In addition, your group should also bring along an emergency survival kit that will be especially critical if you need to treat someone who's been injured or gets lost along the way.
Here are some essentials to bring along when going camping.
1. Research has determined that wearing a jacket or a sweater isn't enough when camping out in the woods. You should also carry some matches in order to build a fire to use for cooking food as well keep keeping everyone warm -- especially since it can get very cold in the evenings. Keep your matches in a waterproof case to prevent them from getting wet and thus making them unusable.
2. Always carry a map of the area to make it easier to keep on the right track.
3. A compass is one of your most valuable resources when camping. You might use a global positioning satellite to keep everyone on track. This device can pinpoint the group’s location but not the actual bearings, which need to be used with the map.
4. Campers should also bring along a flashlight, extra batteries and bulbs because these things can wear out and there's no telling when that might happen, which could be a bit of a disaster if you have no spares when traveling at night.
5. Of course, you're going to bring a good supply of food and water. However, it's a good idea to bring some extra suplies for an emergency situation. A person can survive for about 2 weeks without food and as long as they have water, so bring as much as you think you'll need for the trip ... and then a bit more.
6. Don't forget a pocketknife, which can be used to cut wood for the fire, repair the tent if it should get damaged or help the group hunt for food in case the supplies run out.
7. Your first aid kit is the most important supply for your camping trip so don't leave home without it. It should include sterile gauze, pads, bandages, needles and thread that can be used to treat minor cuts or injuries.
So, these are the most important items for your camping trip and if all goes well, you'll never have to use some of the. Always check and replenished any items that are used up during your trip so you know you'll have them for your next trip.
Aviation Survival Training News
It's Artificial Afghanistan: A Simulated Battlefield in the Mojave Desert - The Atlantic
It's Artificial Afghanistan: A Simulated Battlefield in the Mojave Desert
There you will find the National Training Center, or NTC, at which all U.S. troops, from all the services, spend a twenty-one day rotation before they deploy overseas. FortIrwin-2.jpg. Sprawling and often infernally hot in the summer months, the base ...
TAG Aviation Helps Crews Tackle Cabin Fires - Aviation International News
TAG Aviation Helps Crews Tackle Cabin Fires
Aviation International News
Other training programs offered by TAG include crew resource management, first aid, survival training and guidance for seasonal weather operations.â€“C.A.. Tags: Flight trainingAviationBerkshire HathawayFlightSafety InternationalCabinTrainerFarnborough ...
Fighter pilots hone water survival skills - KeysNet
Fighter pilots hone water survival skills
Then, after all the training is complete, rescue swimmers must work under a six-month probationary period before they are officially considered aviation survival technicians. Evading capture. The Makos not only had to contend with water survival ...
US Airlines Forecast A Sunnier Summer - NPR (blog)
US Airlines Forecast A Sunnier Summer
U.S. airlines plan to upgrade airport terminals, customer lounges, kiosks, ground equipment and in-flight entertainment, the report said. They've already improved baggage handling with new equipment, better software and more worker training. The good ...
Wendy Greuel and Eric Garcetti lay sniping aside - Los Angeles Times
Wendy Greuel and Eric Garcetti lay sniping aside
Los Angeles Times
"Sure we'd like to have that for our bottom line," Garcetti said in an appearance at the aviation training hangar. "But what's ... Meanwhile on Tuesday, Garcetti gained the praise of a leading renters rights group, the Coalition for Economic Survival ...
RAF Cosford air show keep feet firmly on the ground - shropshirelive.com (press release)
RAF Cosford air show keep feet firmly on the ground
shropshirelive.com (press release)
These will include a demonstration of radar and computer equipment from No 1 Radio School and a display of armed aircraft & escape equipment from the Weapons & Survival Equipment Training Squadron. An array of activities will also be on offer from the ...